Monday, April 25, 2011

Virginia? Oh I spent a year there one weekend - Part 1

Back in early April, following road race with Moose's grad class, a few of the future grads were discussing an upcoming softball tournament.  At 10AM after one sip of beer, I heard the words "road trip" and "RV" in the same sentence and believe you me they had my full and undivided attention.

Being part of the Road Rules cast has probably been one of my dreams since the "Handsome Reward" was a Honda Civic.   

So we're all chatting it up and low and behold a few of the gals had to bow out from the trip last minute.  I'm thinking: Here I am guys!!! Did you not just see me run the 5k? You should toads obvi bring me!


Keep in mind, I haven't seriously played softball since the mid-90's, and I'm not a student at BC - but whatevs.  Very  nonchalantly one of the organizers and Moose said "Oh yah, you should come". 

It is very likely that Moose believed there was an slight chance I would go, and the organizers thought nothing of it.  The following day, I thought I should make my casting video secure my spot on what sounded to me like the most kick-ass trip ever.  Instead, I decided a cover letter would be the best way to really get to the hearts and souls of these ever-so-serious business students.  Below is verbatim, my CL for the trip:

Dear Mr. Boudreau,


I am writing in seeking to fill the position of Honorary BC MBA Groupie at the 19th Annual Darden Softball Invitational. Over the years my athletic career has been filled with vast accomplishments on the playing field. More importantly, my ability to maintain a decorated drinking career that includes countless days and nights of fun while still achieving said accomplishments makes me the perfect candidate for this weekend’s trip (#winning). Assuming that my movie star good looks and sparkling personality aren’t enough to get me a round trip ticket to Road Rules Challenge: MBA Edition, I will elaborate.

In the fall of 2002, I was named 12th player on the Hingham High School Varsity Girls Soccer team. Although I received this award solely because I rode the pine all season as a backup goalie, it displays my teammates’ appreciation for my heart and dedication to our team. In 2003 (*cough cough* as a Team Captain) I led us to the Massachusetts State Tournament, GO HARBORWOMEN! Truth be told, I attribute much of my success in soccer to being grounded every August for from 1999 – 2003 for various partying related incidents.

In college (no parents) my skills became quite refined and I really hit my stride in combining my athletics with my affinity for adult beverages. I joined the cross country team for my first ever “beer mile”. That’s right beer/lap, beer/lap, beer/lap, beer/lap – finish. I only threw up once and believe I finished in less than 20 minutes. A year later, as a Senior I was the Women’s Lacrosse Team Captain and a 2nd Team All Conference player (yah not 1st team, whatevs). Our team went to the Northeast-10 Conference semi-finals. Though we lost the game, we drank spiked Gatorades the entire trip from Easton, Massachusetts to Burlington, Vermont. Thus proving I am resourceful, and seasoned in road tripping with large groups.

Most recently, this past Saturday at the BC 5k, I tested my endurance in both running and boozing. Sure, I got a respectable time for running 3.1 miles, but better than that I was out from the time the bars opened until they closed. That’s right; I drank for 15 hours straight no stopping. Sleep when you’re dead.

Finally, my skills via blogger.com twitter and Facebook will ensure that all of your weekend is fully and completely documented start to finish. Moreover, if you say something funny enough, your quote will receive the highest honor possible: being my Facebook album title.

I believe my background outlined above qualifies me for consideration to attend and participate in the 19th Annual Darden Softball Invitational. I look forward to discussing how my skills can be of value to the BC MBA Graduate Softball Team as it prepares for the road to victory.

Sincerely,

Popprincess

Good news kids - I made it on the trip...much more to come....can you spy with your little eye the only one that won't have an MBA next month? I can I can!!!