Monday, January 26, 2009

Disgruntled Worker



I often describe myself as a disgruntled worker. The most common response from people is "at least you have a job". But after graduating and having joined the workforce for almost a solid 8 months now...I would say I borderline a disgruntle worker. Now when I tried to think of a list of reasons why I am, in fact, disgruntled...the list of reasons why I should be perfectly content where I am right now grew longer by the second...

A. I have all the free coffee, tea, water, and soda I want.
B. We get free bagels every Wednesday (which I will no longer consume - see the Jaunary 18th post The Dream)
3. I am allowed to wear jeans to work...everyday.
D. My gym membership is free (granted I am subject to seeing naked Jewish women walk shamelessly about the locker room - it is free nonetheless)
E. I got a free computer, a blackberry and a corporate credit card...
F. I can get here at 9:30 and leave at 5:30...
G. I can sometimes work from home
8. I get to travel (and they toads obvi pay for it)
I. I survived a layoff (although I did pit out my shirt and almost faint that day - I'm still here...)
J. I blog at work.
K. I am currently racking up miles and rewards points - to hopefully pay for a vacation...
L. I have unlimited vacation...(which I haven't yet taken any of)
M. I am not blocked from gchat or facebook (can we say a.d.d.?)

I was hoping to give you the A-Z's of why my current job is sweet - but at this point I'm sure you're so jeal. you've stopped reading. All in all I guess i'm just a lucky biatch and should sit tight until something better comes along... So for now it's just a job and I am really not that disgruntled.

"If I advance any higher, this would be my career. And if this were my career, I'd have to throw myself in front of a train." - Jim Halpert, The Office

''Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say, in a given week I probably only do about 15 minutes of real, actual, work.'' —Peter, Office Space

1 comment:

phane said...

s0y65s1i02 f8s27h7g40 y8e02u7k02 a2s41i3b78 c7k61p9y52 x4o85t6j56