Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy [?] Friday the 13th...

So it's the 3rd Friday the 13th of 2009.

According to Wikipedia: Friday the 13th occurs when the thirteenth day of a month falls on Friday, which suspicion holds to be a day of good or bad luck. In the Gregorian Calendar this day occurs at least once, but at most three times a year....In 2009 this applies to the months of February, March and November.


February 13, 2009 - I was single (still am) I'd say that's unlucky the day before Vday...


March 13, 2009 - Not my Birthday, Whatsoever.



And then there's today November 13, 2009. I haven't moved from my desk for fear of anything bad happening...

Donald Dossey, the founder of the Street Management Center and Phobia Institute told National Geographic"It's been estimated that [U.S] $800 or $900 million is lost in business on this day because people will not fly or do business they would normally do," (Per ABCNEWS.COM).



The next year to have three Friday the 13th dates will be 2012 (again per Wikipedia).


OH, that's right 2012, you know the year the WORLD is supposed to end.
who knows they would be right 'we were warned'.

And don't say that I'm a weenie because I fear Friday the 13th. Henry Ford, FDR, and Napoleon all feared it.
But on the flip side...what's really wrong with the number 13? It's a baker's dozen, and who would say no to an extra choc. chip cookie or frosted cupcake...HELLOOOO!


So on that note, I think I'll have myself a baker's dozen of bud lights tonight and all will be well.


xoxo,
Popprincess

No comments: