Friday, April 3, 2009

Quadrilogy…gone wrong?

We all have those favorite movies…that we wish they just let be. Sure the Harry Potter pentolagy has been great so far. And I am a huge fan of the HSM trilogy. I just pray Disney stops there, to keep their you know, integrity...

Unlike some o the following:

Bring it on again, Bring it on all or nothing
American Pie II, American Wedding
Scream 2 & 3 (4 is rumored)
Scary Movie 1,2,3,4 and any other wayons bros. creation
Not Another Teen Movie, Date Movie, Epic Movie etc. etc.
Dumb and Dumberer
Legally Blonde 2

Not to say the The Fast and the Furious ever did have integrity, but I added it to my list of favs when I was 14, a freshman in high school. I was pumped when I went to see it in theatres. I mean, Paul Walker? Yum! And I’m not gonna lie, this quality film may have been what changed my taste in music. Seriously, in 2002 I was really into black rap.



So the other night we saw an ad for Fast and Furious while we were out at the bar. We all looked puzzled, didn’t they already have one named that? Oh, I guess if you take the “the’s” out it’s a COMPLETELY different title right? Wrong. Also we argued over how many there were. We settled on 3. We somehow decided that 2Fast 2 Furious and Toyko Drift were the exact same thing entitled 2 Fast 2 Furious: Tokyo Drift. Wrong again. After some serious investigation (via IMDB) I can break it down for you…I know you’re dying to know.

Obv The Fast and the Furious (2001) Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriquez, obscure hot chick (Jordana Brewster), and Ja Rule.

2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) Obvi in the last scene of the fast and the furious Paul Walker let’s Vin Deisel’s character go…round 2 he is a former cop that gets caught street racing in Miami…somehow goes undercover again to take down a drug lord…mediocre plot-line even if I was still in high school. At least they brought Tyrese in for us to swoon over…and Eva Mendes for the dudes…Luda was in on the Soundtrack...but I may have been phasing out of my ’02-’03 black rap obession…



The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) Okay Paul Walker had the good sense to stay away from this one. But they brought in heavyweights like Zachary Ty Bryan (duh! Brad from home improvement) and Lucas Black (Friday night lights? Jarhead? Doesn’t ring a bell?) in this epic thriller.




Fast & Furious (2009): No effing way…the ENTIRE original cast. Apparently Paul’s character was in jail (no sure how 2 Fast ended…but I’m assuming he was in jail..). He teams back up with the older crew…





I think it's safe to say I won't be rushing to the theatre to see it...

No comments: