Thursday, September 17, 2009

My useless television, movie and pop culture knowledge is better than yours...or is it?

I've only lived with Biz and Vicky for what's coming up on 3 weeks now. I'm not going to lie, my favorite new part of our apartment is probably is my old couch(the thing is so comfortable it swallows you up for hours on end). But I probably like the couch THAT much more because now is complimented by a bigger TV and better yet, a DVR.


I've accidentally found myself in what could potentially turn into a bitter competition with Vicky. I swear it wasn't on purpose.




Whenever you are watching a show or movie you always get that odd feeling, I know that person from somewhere. Some other show etc. etc. Usually you eventually get around to googling or hitting up IMDB. I try my best to figure it out before resorting to the latest technology. I guess knowing useless facts about popular culture is "my thing".

It all began when we were watching an on-demand version of Royal Pains. "Royal Pains centers on a young E.R. doctor who, after being wrongly blamed for a patient's death, moves to the Hamptons and becomes the reluctant "doctor for hire" to the rich and famous. When the attractive administrator of the local hospital asks him to treat the town's less fortunate, he finds himself walking the line between doing well for himself and doing good for others."




ANYWAY I just casually said: I love the guy who plays Hank - he was my favorite in Love Actually, .


Vicky: That's not the same guy.

Me: Yes, they totally are


Vicky: Look it up, I can't WAIT until you see I'm right.



Upon looking it up I was WRONG.











Needless to say I was completely devastated.

I found myself coming home with random facts about pop culture (new and old) just to try to one up Vicky. Did you hear Ellen's the new judge on American idol? Did you hear Jessica Simpson lost her puppy to a coyote? Rubbing it in that she cleans teeth all day and I have endless access to the Internet (how sad my life is).

Then, we watched a DVR'd version of The Vampire Diaries (I LOVED it)...

But I knew I had seen just a few of the character's somewhere before...

Paul Wesley - no I didn't remember him from Guiding Light or American Dreams. Instead I remembered him from every 1 episode bit part he had in my favorite crime shows (CSI:NY, CSI:Miami). As well as his 1 episode visit to The O.C. where he played the dude Donnie that worked at the restaurant with Ryan and brought a GUN to the party.








I did once confuse him for Kyle from the Real World Chicago, but I did NOT let Vicky in on that secret.











Nonetheless, based on this article the cast of The Vampire Diaries seems to have either been on the O.C. (whether they are Marissa's 'public school frenemy' or a gun-wielding bad ass) or on some sort of soap opera(Guiding Light, As the World Turns to name a few).










But my favorite by far is the chick that was in 17 again AND was a fanta girl. I gotta get myself a new job...bit parts in crime shows and then end up with a movie with Zac Efron....a girl can dream right??


click here for full photo gallery/article

And so the pop culture obession goes on...


xoxo
Popprincess

No comments: