Monday, October 26, 2009

AOL Radio, I got the powahh...


I am was a pandora.com listener. I have my 'HSM' and 'Glee Cast' stations that I can't get enough of. I'd heard my good friend Shark gripe about the crazy rule they have, and hadn't yet experienced for myself. This lovely Monday morning I get this message:




I've whaaat? and you want me to whaaat? Say Whaaaaat? Monthly listening limit,?PAY $0.99?

I think not Pandora.com, I think not.

I've already put up with the addition of their annoying advertisements. Like the one for Where the Wild Things Are that plays about every 4 songs...if you think that stupid song "L-O-V-E it's a mystery oooooh..." is a song that DOESN'T get stuck in your head just like "This is the song that doesn't end it just goes on and on my friend," you're totally wrong (see here if you don't know what I'm talking about).


Regardless, I had to find a way to listen to some jams (fo free, fo sho) this morning. So I ventured to AOL Radio to see what was up...

Immediately I went to the Pop section. '90's Pop seemed like it would be right up my alley. I threw my earphones in to rock out. After listening to Robyn: 'Do You Know What it Takes?', K-Ci & JoJo: 'All My Life', and Venga Boys: 'Boom Boom Boom Boom!' I heard a song that took me wayyyy back. The song was like my anthem in 1990..

That's right, it's Snap: 'The Power'.





Now I bet you're thinking, 'But Popprincess you're so young how could a song from 1990 be your jam?'

Well back in 1990 when i was 4, Moose convinced me to cross the monkey bars and promised she would catch me if I fe.l. I started to fall and Moose ran for the hills. I broke my arm and was put in a cast. This must have sparked some sort of anger in a young pprincess...




When Moose and Beef picked on me (because I was a scrawny 4 year old). I would hit them with my cast and the shout from the top of our stair case 'I GOT THE POWAHHHH [OWAH OWAH]'. That's right, it would echo down the staircase.

So thank you AOL radio, for bringing me back to my roots.

No comments: